Your inner child is your childlike aspect within your subconscious mind.
It is who you were before the world told you who you are.
Here are some of the signs you may have a wounded inner child.
1. You have a hard time letting go.
2. You feel guilty standing up for yourself.
3. You are fueled by drama.
4. Deep inside, you feel like there is something wrong with you or that you're broken.
5. You are terrified of rejection and abandonment.
6. You're a perfectionist and expect the same of others.
7. You don't like expressing your feelings and emotions.
8. You're a people-pleaser. You have a hard time saying "No"
9. You avoid confrontation but when you get angry your anger is explosive.
10. You trust no one, not even yourself.
11. You cannot hold a relationship. You find yourself moving from one troubled relationship to the next.
12. You remain in relationships that are unhealthy for you for longer than you should.
13. You share your body intimately even when you don't want to.
14. You're usually feeling shameful, guilty and regretful.
15. You're addicted to something; food, drugs, alcohol, etc.
16. You have a low self-esteem and constantly seek validation from others.
17. You are always preoccupied with doing something, and avoid alone time.
18. You're easily startled by loud noises.
19. You suffer from indecision.
20. You don't like to start new things, and when you do you rarely finish.
If you answered YES to four or more of any of the above, you may have a wounded inner child.
There are many tools you can use to begin your journey to healing your inner child. Therapy is always a wise choice. But for most, it is an expensive route and they may not be ready to open up to someone about intimate details in their lives.
No worries, there are other ways: Interactive journals with prompts and questions to guide you as you commence your healing. Journals/workbooks are a powerful tool used by millions of people to help guide them through difficult circumstances. Below are two of the bestselling Inner child workbooks you must have if you're serious about your inner work. The first workbook in the series is centered on healing your traumas while the second book in the series focuses on self-love and self-care. Both are available to buy today. Simply click on the book's image to be redirected to where you can safely order a copy for you and your loved ones.
DEAR ME: I Want To Love You More
You are not alone in your struggle. There is healing waiting for you. I wish you renewed hope and abundance as you begin your most important journey; your journey to Self.