Friday, February 3, 2012

CHOCOLATE FOR ALL YE CHOCOHOLICS

The great thing about raw desserts is that you can never finish it all in one sitting, well, for me though. I had  about  2  tablespoons of this and my sweet-tooth was totally soothed. It is so very rich and filling. LOVE THAT! Saved the rest in the fridge for another day. 

I hope you have all been having a great week. Mine has been a little stressful but hey, I survived :) Anyway, I know sometimes some of us run towards food when we feel a little low. Sometimes I crave food, sweet foods when I feel blue (who doesn't?) and raw desserts are guilt-free for me. I don't need a lot to satisfy me so I make a batch and just save it in the fridge for whenever I need it.


DARK CHOCOLATE-RASPBERRY MOUSSE

Ingredients:
1 vanilla bean seeds or 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup cacao powder
1/3 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
2 small Haas avocados
1 cup maple syrup (I use grade B maple syrup)

Blend all together in a food processor until creamy. Enjoy as is or with slices of strawberries.

Seeds from vanilla bean








MINI FLOURLESS BROWNIES

I kept these cute little trays from some candy box I found and decided to use them for my mini brownies




Ingredients:

1 cup maple syrup
1 cup coconut oil, melted
1 cup cacao powder
1/3 cup mixture of dried cranberries and chopped almonds
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Put all ingredients except the dried fruit and nuts in a food processor and blend. Pour into ice tray or candy tray. Place in the freezer for about 30-45 minutes until it's firm. YUMMY.

Some good music for your listening pleasure: LUCKY


 XOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOOOOXOOXOXOXOOXOXOXO


Remember to EAT & DRINK TO YOUR HEALTH, YOU'LL THANK ME LATER!

2 comments:

  1. They look yummy,,
    What kind of cacao powder you used? Any specific brand? How many calories per serving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pritty, thanks, here is the website I usually get my good stuff from :http://www.navitasnaturals.com/

    But when I am broke, lol, I get the Hersheys 100% pure unsweetened cacao powder, works just as great. Sometimes I also mix it with carob powder but usually more cacao powder than carob, let's face it nothing beats the taste of real cacao powder.

    ReplyDelete