Monday, December 14, 2009

Dear Banana...

My Famous Mouth-Watering Raw/Vegan Pie
"Dear Banana,

Let me just start out by saying I can't live without you. You are the sweetest fruit I have ever tasted. You shine like the sun and wear your polka brown dots when ready for me. You are the perfect one, providing me with tons of B6, Vitamin C and Potassium. You are my ideal; economically, nutritionally and in deliciousness. You have all the essential amino acids and up to 5.2 % protein by weight, putting you way above dates, figs, grapes, melons and oranges. My doctor once told me "An Apple a day keeps the doctor away." but now I know better, even apples don't come close to you being that they have only 0.2% protein by dry weight.
You are available to me all year round, something a girl sure appreciates *thanks* for I don't fare well with unavailability. Thanks you for being the sweet one I can always count on.

lovingly,

Bernice."

UPDATE: As of last week Tuesday, my mom has lost 8 pounds on the FYR lifestyle. Can you tell from how her face glows that she is very satisfied? We haven't reached our gaol yet so we keep on going. Great job, Mama!


Mom's green smoothie:

1 head of lettuce
2 ripe bananas
1 cup red seedless grapes
2 Tbsp of flax powder
2 tsp of coconut oil
1-1.5 cups of water


Aunty Flo's Apple/cantaloupe juice tasted really great. Instead of throwing away the pulp I always try to use it to make something else, so with this, I made some homemade apple sauce for Nina, needless to say it didn't last very long in the fridge. Apple sauce is one of her favorite snacks.


P/S

Yesterday I got orders for my first two raw pies. The pie above (my on-the-spot-ten-minute-creation) has been causing a huge stir. On first bite, I got two orders from two different people...this is just so much fun, I can't stop smiling. Nina's piano teacher has also been spreading the word around about my famous pie "You should enter it into a contest or better yet sell it to a restaurant as a healthy desert option." is what he said to me. Wao! didn't know I'd be getting that much buzz for a less than 15 minute creation--created with lots of love every time :-)
If you'd like to order some let me know what size (my standard is a 9' pie) and when. Send request to my email address provided.

Have a blessed day.

~B~

No comments:

Post a Comment