Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Santa will be a vegan this year...

Has the jolly guy been to your house yet? He has been to mine and there is only one popular person's name under that tree, lol. Well anyway, Nina came up to me a couple of weeks ago and said "Mommy, Santa will be a vegan this year!", "He's going to have to eat like us." and I thought, hmm, that would be a great title for my blog at Christmas time. Santa has been getting fatter or should I say hasn't lost a pound since we first saw him. Could it be that we are giving him a heart attack with all our cookies and cow's milk in every house? lol Well I think he would appreciate our house more this Christmas, to show him we love him not only for our fancy gifts *wink* we are also feeding him with heart-healthy vegan treats. I will make him my favorite raw pie from my own recipe this year and a tall glass of almond mylk (Alexa spells it this way, I like it). How is that for a change huh? SANTA WILL BE A VEGAN THIS YEAR...IN MY HOUSE, how about yours?
We went to Stone Mountain the other day and although it was freezing cold, we did enjoy the beautifully lit houses, trees and cabins. My mom couldn't help but wonder how much the light bill would cost, lol. Only someone who doesn't take things for granted will think like that. When you are from a place where every little bit is appreciated, your view of certain things change. I didn't even think of that until she voiced it and I'm glad she did. My best Christmas ever will be the Christmas where me and a few others save enough money to build at least 2 wells in a village somewhere where people don't even have the luxury of having clean drinking water. We can do that next year, so if you want to join me do send me an email. I have done the research already for groups and missions who can help us fulfill this dream. Just imagine giving the gift of life to not only one person but a whole community. Things like that change the course of someone's life. And even if I have to do it alone, by next Christmas I would like to have saved enough to help build a well somewhere for people who need it. Nina has already joined me in this so we are two in this for now but we hope it grows and we can start a movement. I am so proud of her for since we talked about this project she has already saved up $7 dollars, seven precious dollars that tug at my heart, seven precious dollars that can change not one but several people's lives...

Here's Nina and her sister Savi after Sunday school. They made angels that day and colored a birthday cake for Jesus.
This is the pie that Santa is going to feast on. Hmm, how great does this look?


Yummy-deliciouso!




Upside-down




The biggest order I have had for my special pie. It felt great to see people eat it and lick their fingers and go "Hmm, this is sooooo good, and you say it has no animal products in it? and it's raw?" I am coming up with more great recipes for I now know that if people have the option to eat or give their loved ones a healthier choice, most of them would do it in a heartbeat. The thing is, most people (like me in the past) don't know there are choices out there like these. We need more raw food activist and more vegan activists as well.
Anyway I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a FANTASTIC New Year. May all your dreams come true and may this year be the best year ever for each and every one of you. God bless! I will be back after Christmas to share all the goodies.
~B~




No comments:

Post a Comment