Thursday, September 17, 2009

30 Days Green Smoothie Challenge


Are you ready for the 30 green smoothie challenge? I discovered green smoothies not too long ago and in that short time I have seen some marvelous changes in my body and especially my skin. My skin is SHINNING, for lack of a better word. I noticed it in the first three days. Now I have my daughter, my husband, my mother in-law and a few of my friends all doing it now. The book that got me started was Victoria Boutenko's Green For Life. I used to do a lot of juicing before but now I do more of the green smoothies. They are the best way to get your daily requirement of fruits and veggies and they are filling and delicious too. Don't let the green liquid fool you, once you try it you will never go back.


So I am throwing out a challenge out there, a 30 days green smoothie challenge starting October 1st. It is a great way to detox without feeling starved. So yes, you can only eat salads and smoothies or juices and water. One month only and your body will love you for it. You can eat sea veggies like kelp, seaweed salads etc. Get your shopping list ready and head to the market. Here is an essential list of veggies you will need for your green smoothies:


Spinach, endive, red lettuce, romaine lettuce, parsley, cilantro, kale, collard green.


For fruits you can get all your favorite fruits.


Here are a few of my favorites:


1 cup green grapes
1 (130 g) orange, peeled
1/2 Bartlett pear
1 (120 g) banana, fresh or frozen
1 cup kale
1/2 cup water
2 cups ice cubes


and this


2 bananas
3 oranges, peeled, quartered
1 head romaine lettuce
4 cups cold water


and this one too:


4 cups of spinach
1/2 a cantaloupe
A handfull of red seedless grapes
2 cups of cold water or 1 cup of ice


Nina's favorite


10 finger bananas
3 cups spinach
1 cup of cold water

No comments:

Post a Comment