Sunday, September 27, 2009

30-Days Green Smoothie Challenge

YES, THIS IS A RAW VEGAN PIE PICTURED ABOVE, THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN


I know I said I would start my 30 days of green smoothie challenge on October 1st but I decided why not add a few extra days for and extra umph? right?. I am a little nervous. I have been vegan but never gone completely raw for this long. I figure if I want something to chew on I have my salads and celery sticks. I need a detox and I'm willing to give my body the respect it deserves. I can do this, I just need to decide to and I have :-). Basically all I will be doing is green smoothies, salad, fruits and nuts (walnuts). The whole idea about the raw-vegan is not to eat anything that can't be eaten in its raw state, for example, we can't eat potato raw or plantains or rice. I am looking forward to seeing the changes in my body, mind and spirit. I have decided to go for a twenty minute jog first thing in the morning. The main component of healing the body is sleep, so I will sleep more and let my body heal itself. I remember back home Mom would make us take naps during the day or 'Siestas' as we called them.
I have two raw food cook books and I am looking to delving into them. My three basic rules are:
Lots of sleep,
sleep,
sleep. lol

I understand that the first few days will be cranky, nothing new to me, I've detoxed before. I know about the headaches, gloominess and mood swings. These are all good signs as my body will be depositing toxic wastes into my blood stream for excretion. Bananas will be my best friend because they are very filling and sweet. Okay, enough for now, I think I've pumped myself up enough. Tomorrow is the first day of the challenge, come back for my daily report. See you on Health road where Self-doubt street meets Decision ave.
And oh, I will be listening to alot of the Raw Vegan radio :http://www.rawveganradio.com/wordpress/ and visiting my raw food restaurant for more ideas.

Tomorrow I'll go into some benefits of raw foodism.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bernice I think your 30 day challenge is great. I need to jump on the wagon with you once i am back. On your statement there are some things you can't eat raw like rice and plantain I just wanted to say with a little imagination everything can be eaten raw as long as it is natural and organic. So maybe not american paraboiled long grain rice but you can sprout organic wild rice and eat it raw in your salad. Its delish, plantain if chopped into small pieces mixed with pinaple onions and red peppers and some dressing makes a fantastic salsa, potato juice is meant to be really good for you, and raw fooders often have finely grated potato raw as part of a salad. Why not try some sweet potato cinammon juice while your are being raw. So if you miss these foods on your journey you can definatly still have them raw!

    Ilusha and I spent all day eating raw living foods. An old friend started her own vegetable patch and we helped her out. At the same time helping ourselves to green beans, berries, tomatoes courgettes. All fresh from the earth and delish. I am inspired to grow my own now too.

    See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to be making some great raw dishes my friend! I can't wait till youcome back. ~B.

    ReplyDelete