Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day 39 (30-Day Green Smoothie Challenge)

WELCOME TO ALEXA'S RAW FEAST DINNER!

I had the most incredible dinner last night at Alexa's and George's house. I won't lie I have been secretly waiting to eat some of her food for a while; the girl has got SKILLS! and I do learn alot from her. Walking through the door, I immediately found the kitchen, I was curious to find out what she had made and yes my eyes did FEAST before my belly did. Seeing the different vibrant colors of live food got me very excited. I brought some of my coleslaw to add to the feast as well.
Not only did she make a variety of uncooked food but she also catered to the vegans and non-vegans with a delicious, heart-healthy, colorful and rich lentil soup. She also homemade some sprouted Eziekel flat bread! What did I tell you? THIS GIRL HAS GOT SKILLS :-)

Now, I must show off my plate of course: This is Alexa's Raw Food Dinner Menu
Flax seed bread-priceless
Cashew-Cilantro cheese-Amazing and priceless
Honey plantain with carrots-okay remember I once said you couldn't eat raw plantain, well, I didn't know better, you couldn't even taste it in this dish because it was diced up very thinly and small and oh, this dish too was priceless.
Olive tappenade-Yumilicious and priceless
Sprouted chickpea hummus-smooth and very delicious and priceless
Salsa-what a refreshing dip this was and oh so priceless
Clover Sprouts--I just love sprouts , I should have made a wrap with the lettuce she had but that flax seed bread got a hold of me, lol...hmm did I forget priceless too?
Basil Pesto--Hmm, Hmm fantastic. you may think I'm being overly dramatic but wait till you try raw foods and the slightest tastes start to explode in your mouth...you will need more adjectives like hmm, let me see, priceless?

Here's our gracious and lovely host, Alexa with her beautiful baby Ilusha.

Nina and April enjoying some lentil soup with sprouted Ezeikel flat bread.

Okay, I want you to focus on those tall bottles with Green Magic in them, lol. That's how I started my dinner, with this refreshing elixir of apple and fennel, the greener one has more fennel and ginger, that was my favorite. Homemade juices rock!

Here's me and Deidre and Ilusha in his high chair that looks like his own personal space station. The thing with raw food is this, you don't have to over eat to feel completely satisfied because you're eating nutritionally dense foods.

Alexa, Me, Rick, George, April and Nina

Enjoying our bounties...

Ilusha:One of the healthiest babies I know, just look at that face!



What did you think, that we were gonna go without unveiling the best for last? OMG, okay, let me take a breather before you run off this page: This is the best tasting raw/vegan chocolates and truffles EVER!!!! What a healthy alternative to what you buy in stores, what a healthier choice for our children and us! She gave me some to take home, yeeeeeeeeeaaaaH. Needless to say my night was nothing short of spectacular. I love being raw, the possibilities are endless, the creative juices behind every recipe, the beauty of touching and making food with love knowing it is only going to add to the betterment of your wellbeing. What a way to live, what a joy to experience this lifestyle. I am truly blessed. Thank you Alexa and George and Ilusha. I have a different love and respect for all things living and to have found the versatile nature of fruits, greens, nuts and seeds is purely magical. GO GREEN!










1 comment:

  1. Ok I hope it works this time.

    First I must saw Bernice I am very touched by your huge spread of the dinner we had the other night. I am glad you guys seemed to really enjoy the food. Especially the after dinner chocolates :-)

    Cooked or uncoooked the main pleasure in eating is sharing the food with others. I hope we have many more family dinner dates.

    And yes I have not forgotten about my obligation to inform everyone on this blog on the real truth about sugar. Article coming from me shortly.


    Peace and love

    Alexa

    ReplyDelete