Friday, November 6, 2009

Day 40 (30-Day Green Smoothie Challenge)


Coconut-Curry Soup
Garnished with cilantro, tomato, mushrooms and avocado slices.


Whether it's cooked or uncooked, preparing food is an art form but I believe that raw/uncooked food is superior when it comes to nutritional density and benefit. Today is day 40 for me on the raw food lifestyle, I would never have imagined myself eating raw for 40 days but it got so simple once I got rid of my cravings for cooked food, got more recipes and joined some raw food communities for support. There is no way I can go back feeling the way I feel and knowing the things I know now. I love this lifestyle! It is back to basics and that to me is just gravy.

Today I made a delicious coconut curry soup (thanks Alexa, for the young Thai coconut).
This recipe if off a video I saw on YouTube and the host said it is from the Cafe Gratitude uncook book. Just type in 'Vegan coconut soup at cafe gratitude with the hippy gourmet'
There are so many great nenefits of coconut water and I will list some here:
-It is a natural isotonic beverage
-It is better than processed baby milk: it contains lauric acid which is present in a human mother's breast milk
-It is more nutritious than whole milk, it has less fat and no cholesterol
-It contains more potassium than most sports drinks
-It has less sodium and sugars than most sports drinks.
~B

1 comment:

  1. You got me with the curry soup. One of my favorite things to eat is Thai curry soup. Sounds like I need to jump on this FYR band wagon. Is there a central location or site where one can refer to for your recipes or all recipes on the blog? Keep doing what you are doing! It's quite inspiring and your warmth and joy really shines through in your writing. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete