Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day 11 (30-Day Green Smoothie Challenge)


FROM MY KITCHEN TO YOURS: G'RAW'NOLA AND ALMOND MILK

Good day folks. I am feeling super today. Woke up bright and early and went for a 20 minute jog. I made myself a great smoothie (from one of the ones below) and then Nina and I made some fresh almond milk and g'raw'nola. Don't forget to scroll all the way down to view our slide show with some of our delicious recipes. I must start by giving you the recipe of my breakfast.


G'raw'nola and Almond Milk:

1 cup almonds (soaked over night)
4 pitted dates
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups f water
Mesh bag or cheese cloth

Blend all the ingredients together till mixture is milky. Strain using a mesh bag or cheese cloth. You will have to milk it like you're milking a cow to get all the almond milk out. Save almond pulp for another recipe later.

For G'raw'nola:

1/2 cup almonds (soaked, dried))
1/2 cup walnuts (soaked overnight and dried)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds (Soaked and dried)
1 cup dark raisins
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 golden raisins
sprinkle of salt
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg

Chop in a food processor with 'S' blade till coarse. I like chunks of nuts but you can choose your own consistency. Add almond milk to it and some blueberries or sliced bananas and devour.

Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment