Sunday, October 18, 2009

Day 21 (30-Day Green Smoothie Challenge)


FROM MY KITCHEN TO YOURS: MY DELICIOUS BASIL PESTO ON JULIENNED VEGGIES

Hello good people :-). Well, I am excited to tell you that I will be making ice cream this week. I found some Yacon syrup at the whole foods Market today and was so happy I did. Also I bought enough bananas to make a good number of vanilla shakes, yum! As you can tell Sunday afternoon is my grocery shopping time--I think it is true for most people. I finally found some onion powder and mustard powder. I will use some of the mustard powder to make some raw/vegan mayonnaise which I found is very easy to make. I got some hazelnuts as well. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but I am on the path to creating my very own raw/vegan Nutella spread. Now, when I have created a Nutella spread, then I won't ask for anything more, lol. I will be able to live deliciously.


Bought lots of greens and fruits of course and will be experimenting with lots of different spices. Not sure what day it'll be on but this week I will make some raw/vegan jellof rice (jell of rice) or jambalaya, as they call in New Orleans and the Caribbeans. I already have the recipe forming in my head. I'm so excited. Cannot wait to get an Excalibur food dehydrator, might get that for myself for Christmas and replace the useless microwave with it.


Did you know that when you heat food in the microwave it raises the temperature of the food to over 2000 degrees? Considering the fact that tons of nutrients and enzymes are destroyed when food is cooked to temperatures over 118 degrees, with a temperature of 2000 degrees you are basically eating rubbish, dead, alien, non-food. Hmm, makes you think huh? I haven't used my microwave for so long, it just sits on my counter top for decoration and I have decided not to give it that kind of privilege in my kitchen, so out with the microwave and in with my I-can't-wait-to-have-one food dehydrator, lol. I will be able to make raw crackers, pizzas, bread, not meat balls, dry my own fruits and seeds, oh, the countless possibilities! Can you imagine? I will go nuts--pun intended ;-)


Well, gotta run, got lotsa' stuff to take care of. And while you're at it at your end, take some time to go green.


Tata


~B

No comments:

Post a Comment