Friday, October 9, 2009

Day 12 (30-Day Green Smoothie Challenge)


FROM MY KITCHEN TO YOURS: COCONUT CHEESCAKE ON CHOCOLATE CRUST

Going raw is by far the best, the simplest and most nonrestrictive diet I have ever been on. The reason I say this is because I don't feel restricted at all, whereas on other diets I have felt the need to sneak things I wasn't suppose to be eating from time to time. At the end you find yourself back to square one trying another new diet in search for the one where you won't feel that need to binge. Isn't this what yo-yo dieting is all about? When humans feel the need to fight or resist something, the more they feel they need to give in to that temptation or situation. Restriction is a very frustrating feeling. on the raw diet, I don't feel any restriction whatsoever. I feel like I'm eating what I'm suppose to be eating because my body is not craving anything I used to like before, even white chocolate, can you believe that? even white chocolate.


I admit the first few days can be very daring because your body is undergoing this new change and your taste buds have to learn a whole new experience. I used to look at the behaviors of some raw fooders and think they were a little you know what, lol, but now I understand where that passion comes from. It is a passion for life. I've never felt more alive. When I was a vegan I thought I had reached the pinnacle of healthy living (no offense to vegan, veganism is awesome much better than the Standard American Diet) but then I've taken it one step further to being raw and vegan and it is an ethereal experience. I feel like my body is at peace with itself. There is no bickering from brain to stomach, lol or from liver to gut. All my insides are in harmony, no one is nagging their 'neighbor' , they are all brothers and sisters in unity working to provide the best for me. I feel like a queen. I do.
Well, so many people have asked for my coconut cheesecake recipe so here it is.:
Crust:

2 cups of walnuts, soaked and rinsed
1/2 cup raw cacao beans (ground)
1 tbsp agave nectar or raw honey
sprinkle of salt


Process nuts and cacao in food processor with 'S' blade until crumbly and then add salt and agave or honey till it starts to stick together. Press into a pie plate and keep aside.

Filling:

2 cups raw macadamia nuts, rinsed
1/2 cup raw shredded coconut meat (just the white part)
juice of 1.5 oranges
juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup raw honey or agave nectar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
dash of salt

Blend everything except shredded coconut until mixture is creamy. If you don't really want to chew on the coconut then blend all together, if not, after mixture is creamy just mix the shredded coconut into it. Spread mixture over crust and freeze for about 2 hours or more if you prefer. serve with blue berry syrup if you choose.

Blueberry syrup:

2 handfuls of fresh blueberries
2 Tbsp of agave nectar
dash of salt


Blend till it's liquefied.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment