Saturday, October 10, 2009

Day 13 (30-Day Green Smoothie Challenge)


FROM MY KITCHEN TO YOURS: Zucchetti and Marinara Sauce...YUMMYLICIOS :-)

Let me quote Aunty Cathy, "There is a God." Today I made the most delicious and filling meal since starting this challenge. I made raw marinara sauce with zucchini pasta. There is nothing you can't make on this diet. I am sold. I had Rick and a friend of ours try it and she thought it was cooked. She was so pleasantly surprised that she had another mouthful. Once you start to try different recipes on the raw food diet, you begin to wonder if God intentionally put certain foods for this reason only. For example, I thought the zucchini pasta would taste a little weird or starchy, thing is, it has no taste at all but gives you the feel of pasta in your mouth and taste buds. This is absolutely incredible. I am looking forward to start making raw breads and crackers. For this thanksgiving I will be making a raw, meatless, meat loaf, some raw pizza and a raw raspberry white chocolate cake. What a bountiful feast it will be.


I realize it will be hard for all my wonderful non-vegan friends, but thank God they are so awesome and understand that this is my choice. We can always enjoy the best of both worlds. I also realized that the places I used to eat at before will no longer be the places I go to now. I love to cook at home anyway and if I have to eat out, I will make it a raw/vegan restaurant. I have been scouting for some in my area and found a few great ones. Price range is perfect and all worth it. I want to give my body the best it needs to be fully functional and vibrant. I thank God everyday that I can be able to do this and I praise him for his bounties, the incredible edibles he masterminded.


Here is the Recipe for my mouth-watering lunch:

You need a veggie-slicer or spooroli to slice the zucchini or turn it into angel hair zucchetti, lol

Zucchetti:
1 organic zucchini.
add sprinkle of black pepper and some salt and toss zucchetti then keep aside.

Marinara Sauce:

1 10oz ripe grape tomatoes
1 cup oil-packed sun dried tomato
1/2 red bell pepper (deseeded)
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp sweet basil
1 tsp oregano
1 garlic clove (crushed)
1 jalopeno pepper (optional) or dash of cayenne pepper (optional)

Blend all together in a food processor with an 'S' blade, till smooth. Pour over bed of zucchetti and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment