Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Day 31 (30-Day Green Smoothie Challenge)

30-Day Celebration kale Salad


Yes, you read it right, it is Day 31 today and the opening day of Michael Jackson's "This is it". You know I wouldn't miss it for the world. Nothing was new to me as I watched this incredible entertainer whom I just adore; he has one of the most beautiful hearts of anyone I know in the world. I know a lot of people may argue with that but that is my opinion. God bless you and rest with Jesus, my friend.



I started today with a strawberry/banana shake. Decided to shake things up a bit huh? I added a tablespoon of coconut oil and it tasted exactly like strawberry yogurt--only healthier than the store brands.

I won't write too much today as I have been out all day and need to rest my delicate head, lol. For super I am having some julienned zucchini and carrots with some zesty pesto sauce. The recipe for my pesto sauce is somewhere below and all I added to it was 1/2 of sun dried tomatoes. YUMMMMMMMMMMMM!



I promised you the recipe of my celebration kale salad so here it is. AMAZING



30-day Celebration Kale Salad:



1 bunch of kale
juice from two lemons
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 pine nuts, soaked and rinsed
1/2 cup raisins, soaked, rinsed and diced
1/4 cup chopped olives
1Tbsp freshly grated ginger
1 avocado, mashed
1 red bell pepper, diced



Thinly slice the leaves of kale. add juice of lemons and olive oil and mash with fingers to wilt kale. Once it starts to change color to a darker green, it is about ready. Then add the rest of the ingredients, mix and DEVOUR! This never last for more than a day. I could eat it three times a week and it is very filling. Dee-liciouso!

~B

No comments:

Post a Comment