Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day 16 (30-Day Green Smoothie Challenge)


FROM MY KITCHEN TO YOURS: MEDITERRANEAN Kale SALAD

Hi everyone, hope you're having a sunny-diva day. I woke up bright and early today and did my usual, water, 20 minute walk and then home schooled my six year old. My choice of smoothie today was the kale- Panana (basically, 2 bananas, 2 pears, bunch of kale leaves and 2 cups of water). I wanted to try something different and very simple to make today for lunch, so I went with the Mediterranean kale salad. It was SURPRISINGLY ExTREMELy DEliCiOUs (do you like the play of letters?, lol just kidding around).


Mediterranean Kale Salad:

1 bunch of kale leaves, sliced very thinly
1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
sprinkle of salt
2 Tbsp pine nuts
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
2 Tbsp black pitted olives, diced
1/2 avocado, diced

First work the olive oil, lemon juice and salt into the bowl of sliced kale with fingers, to wilt and moisten. The kale will start to get a darker green color. Then add the rest of the ingredients, toss and serve. This salad is very high in calcium and very delicious. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment