Friday, October 2, 2009

I'm in 'raw' heaven!

FROM MY KITCHEN TO YOURS: Bernice's Walnut Pâté

I'm sure everyone can sense my excitement. Doing this 30-day green smoothie challenge has become the most exciting thing I've undertaken in a while. It is as though my taste buds are 'waking' up from sleep. All the natural, tantalizing tastes of individual ingredients seem to send my senses into a beautiful frenzy. I appreciate the taste of food and the feeling it gives me. Experimenting with different recipes is so much fun. I didn't realize there are so many things one can do with so little ingredients. Ah, I am in Raw heaven for real, lol. I can't help the feeling...you wouldn't if you tried what I made this afternoon.


Bernice's Walnut Pâté
(Can be used on a garden salad or in a sandwich)

Ingredients:

1.5 cups soaked walnuts ( I soaked mine for 6 hours, but you can do a couple of hours or overnight)
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp Bragg's Aminos (you can use tamari if you have some)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp thyme
2 garlic cloves
dash of salt
2 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley
2 Tbsp chopped onions
1/2 green pepper

Method:

Place nuts, lemon juice, olive oil, Bragg's Aminos(or tamari), garlic powder and salt in food processor and blend. Then add parsley, onions, garlic cloves and green pepper and blend. You can blend into a paste but I like to chew on some almonds so I blend for about 1 minute. A generous scoop of this on my garden salad was all I needed and I stored the rest in the refrigerator for later.
p/s I added some half an avocado in my salad and then dressed the salad with my Walnut Pâté. This is so filling you wouldn't even believe it and it's all raw and healthy, who would've thought it?

Let it be known: THIS IS THE BEST SALAD I'VE EVER HAD.

I couldn't wait till tomorrow to share this. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.


~B

No comments:

Post a Comment